Taking it to the streets both real and virtual…
Check out our virtual book tour below! Each day, this amazing roster of family, craft, and lifestyle sites will offer sample projects, book reviews, author interviews and who knows what else! And everyday each site will be giving away a free copy of Make Stuff Together. So check it out from the comfort of your own home.
(Then read below for real-time book events being held in Austin and on both coasts.)
Week I June 20-25
June 20th – Monday
- Craft Zine will kick us off with a super sweet sample project from our Happy Birthday to You chapter.
- Rhythm of the Home Warmth, Play, Celebration, Connection
June 21st – Tuesday
- My Paper Crane; The Art and Craft of Heidi Kenney
- Mama Renew; Exploring the Journey of Birth, Motherhood and Life as a Family
June 22nd – Wednesday
- Liz in Ink; Children’s Book Writer extraordinaire!
June 23rd – Thursday
- Slow Family Online; Slow down. Enjoy lost arts and each other. Trade frenzy for fun.
June 24th – Friday
- Naughty Secretary Club; Jewelry, Family, and Craft Gossip too
Week II – June 27-July 1
June 27th – Monday
June 28th – Tuesday
- Prudent Baby; DIY destination for crafty moms seeking ways to make their lives even more stylish and beautiful
June 29th – Wednesday
June 30th – Thursday
- West Coast Crafty; Susan Beal’s Writing and Making World
- Average Jane Crafter; Cause Crafting is Just Fun
July 1st – Friday
- Betz White; Stitch Beautifully…Tread Lightly
- Filth Wizardry; Sharing Messy Art and Craft Fun for Kids
And in a few weeks you can check out…
- Luna Pads; (yeah, that’s right we’re tight with Luna Pads!!! How cool is that??); eco positive periods!
And our live events…
Come join us Sunday, June 26th at Austin’s Stitch Lab 1000 S. 1st St. 1-6pm
We’ll have family crafts, backyard games for the kids, delicious food from El Locavore Catering, scrumptious beer from Live Oak Brewery and a great big pile of books to sign! Join us! Bring the whole family or leave papa at home to revel in a little solo time on Father’s Day.
Kathie will be there selling her own incredible wares (wears?) and toting copies of Make Stuff Together. If you’re out on the west coast, look her up.
Bernadette will be in NJ signing books in Mendham books and hosting a little craft party for families. Come on out!
Cafe Au Play Portland, OR July 19th 10:30-noon
Kathie’s heading to Portlandia with a little crafty book signing at Cafe Au Play. Which looks like an amazing family place! Play, craft, eat and childcare all in the same place? Heaven. And even heavenlier with Kathie there signing our book! And if anyone in Austin wants to open such a place I’m sure it’d be a hit. (Leslie B., you reading this?)
Denville Public Library, Denville, NJ July 21 6:30pm
Bernadette will be giving a talk on Slow Family Living and signing books and having a good old time at the very library where she got her first library card c. 1972 or so. Exact details to follow
We’re scheduling other events on both coasts this summer. Let us know if you have any suggestions for places on either coast. We’d love to bring our book your way!